Everything old is new again

You can discuss more than just generals, actually.
Paladin
Everything old is new again

Post by Paladin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:16 pm

One of the big surprises out of E3 this year was a buried little announcement:

A 30th anniversary remastered edition of the original Wasteland. I think it's coming out along side Wasteland 3, whenever that one is finished.

A remastered edition of the original dungeon crawler "The Bard's Tale" goes live on Steam Early Access next Tuesday, 7/24. A remastered "Bard's Tale 2" will follow later this year and "Bard's Tale 3" remastered is expected in early 2019. If you backed "Bard's Tale 4" at a high enough tier, these may be part of your backer rewards already.

I got a FIQ early access invite today to back "Starflight 3" from the original creator. No announcement of remastered versions of Starflight 1 & 2, but 3 looks like it is borrowing heavily from them. Expect an official kickoff to back that sometime in the next week or so.

It's a good time to be a very old gamer. Now, if only I could convince the Saints Row devs it's time to make a new version of Autoduel...
tai

Re: Everything old is new again

Post by tai » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:26 pm

We could offer to help them make it a reality...
Paladin

Re: Everything old is new again

Post by Paladin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Bard's Tale 1 got pushed to next Tuesday, 8/14. The good news is they pushed it out because they realized it would be done by then, instead of having to release as Early Access. Bard's Tale 2 is due in October and 3 in "Winter 2018".